martedì 2 dicembre 2008

6th February 2008

.....so i get off at the train station heart beating fast cell in my hand am looking at it constantly.....i walk into the supermarket in a daze and grab some water fruit biscuits yoghurt and go to the bustop. am in such a turmoil so worried so happy so excited so everything i can only picture my twin on her own on a hospital bed having contractions.......

san camillo hospital is famous for being first hospital in rome and consequently is pretty awful to look at run down v little organisation v laid back v dirty!!!
Once i found the maternity ward I ran up the stairs ( as i write this today 2nd December I am wearing the same stripey green and grey jumper and same jeans i wore that day!! ) and saw another dad waiting....i plonked myself on the stairs and texted my sis 'i am waiting outside can come in anytime'.

waited and waited gosh the trepidation...........

I even started pacing hahahahahahaah

Eventually lems texted me saying 'you can come in' oh my gosh i almost whooped with joy i was going to see my twin my twin my twin....it was about 11am by now i had been waiting for well over an hour......

I tentatively pushed open the door ( cant remember if i had all my stuff with me i think i did ) and there were doctors and nurses bustling shouts moans talking a general commotion!!!

A bossy nurse came up to me indicated a room and made me put on a sterilized gown with shoe covers. I was all in green heart beating outside my ribcage. Outside my ribcage.

Nessun commento: